Phones forum

General discussion

Wirefly -- Biggest scam company in US

by ssampath / January 20, 2006 7:17 AM PST

I purchased 2 Motorola phones from Wirefly & got the manufacturer's rebate on time. However the customer appreciation rebate is a different story.

Wirefly/InPhonic just does not want to pay the rebates. According to the site, it says my ''wireless bill has not been paid in full''. I explained to them that the difference is because the carrier had charged me extra for which i was given credit (which was also highlighted in the same bill).

Finally i faxed them the documents & when requesting status, they give the same old story (wireless bill has not been paid in full). I wonder, if any of the wirefly employees ever get their rebates ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wirefly -- Biggest scam company in US
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wirefly -- Biggest scam company in US
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Unusual circumstance - can be sorted out
by ddennis-from-wirefly / January 25, 2006 6:42 AM PST

Please contact me and I'll investigate this case personally. Our rebate processing is handled by a third-party vendor and special circumstances like what you describe sometimes hit a snag in the system.

Send me your order number and the details below in an email and I'll work with our Rebate Escalation team and the carrier to resolve this. Usually when I can talk to the carrier directly, I can get this sorted out quickly.

Regards,
Doreen

ddennis(at)inphonic.com
Office of the President

Collapse -
I had sent the following email to Dennis Doreen
by ssampath / January 31, 2006 5:41 AM PST

Sent this email on Jan. 26th. Hopefully something positive will come out of this.

Hi Dennis,

My Name is Srinivas Sampath. My Wirefly Order number is <xxxxxxxxx>.

Tmobile had charged me extra amount in the billing cycle which was later credit to me.

I had already called rebatestatus.com (1866-800-4303) & they had stated that they did receive my fax that contained the updated statement showing 0$ balance, but unable to enter me into the system again, as the system won't let them do it.

So they transferred me to customer service who basically logged a service ticket & asked me to check back after 9 days.

Anything you can do to resolve this matter at the earliest would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

With regards,

Srinivas Sampath

Collapse -
Apparently InPhonic seems to have customer support problems
by ssampath / February 1, 2006 7:51 AM PST

I had called InPhonic 2 times & they keep repeating the same old story.

We escalated this matter & you should hear back from the finance department in 8 to 10 business days.

Wonder what InPhonic's customer service motto is ??

Collapse -
Inphonic/Wirefly has Good LipService (& thats about it)
by ssampath / February 6, 2006 9:14 AM PST

I sent email to Dennis & i have not even had a response acknowledging my email. I have sent a total fo 3 emails.

If i ever get another chance to buy anything from wirefly, i think i know what decision i will be making.

I am surprised that nobody has sue'd this company for their fraud in rebate processing.

Collapse -
Rebate fraud... keep away from Wirefly/Infonics
by gmormile / February 6, 2006 6:29 PM PST

I will be joining the class action suit against this company...

The final tactic they use "it has passed the time that we can process your rebate...."

Well, I kept copies of the material that I faxed to them, which they never added to my claim file.

Do you know why, they never keep a claim file...

They never retain your claim forms/information, that's why you have to resubmit all your information to get your claim looked at again.

All that is kept is a short text message in the computer that your claim has been rejected.

In my case they accepted the same billing informtion for the $50 rebate but rejected it for the $80 rebate.

They're entire strategy is NOT to pay off on rebates.

I have dealt with the following companies for rebates: Circuit City, Best Buy, Costco, Dlink, etc.

And you don't see web sites springing up saying they are frauds and crooks...

What is amazing to me is that the major Cell provides are still using this company as a reseller.... simply amazing!!!!!'

Greg

Collapse -
Wirefly=scam
by gmormile / February 7, 2006 1:29 AM PST

I wouldn't deal with this company if they paid me to buy the phones...

Why, because they probably would figure out a way to default on the "pay" part...

They scammed me out of 2 rebates....

Greg

Collapse -
.... here's the rest of my story
by gmormile / February 7, 2006 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: Wirefly=scam

I submitted 2 sets of rebates on Razr phones.

One set of rebates was approved. The other set was rejected because of the billing information.

Wait a minute, I sumitted the same billing information for both sets of rebates.... it's good for one set, but not the other?

So, after several calls I send them more billing information by mail, and by fax.

The latest email from them is that it is beyond the rebate period...

But wait a minute, my fax info, which I kept a copy of, was sent within the rebate time period...

The people on the phone can give you no help because they only have the summary info on the computer that they rejected your rebate....

I even filed two BBB complaints, and all I got was letters from the Office of the President of Cingular and InPhonics, that "they were looking into it..."

This company equals scam and their stock reflects that....Thank you Wall Street.

Greg

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.