General discussion

Wired to wireless keyboard switch

I recently bought a wireless keyboard and mouse combination so I can surf from my sofa rather than sit at the desk. I do not, however want to use this set up when I am at the desk as I have a special keyboard and track ball for work.
Is there a keyboard switch that I can install so I can easily go back and forth between the two set ups? Can anyone provide a link to it?
Thank you!!

Discussion is locked

Reply to: Wired to wireless keyboard switch
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wired to wireless keyboard switch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Bendernphil, Have You Tried...

..simply leaving them all plugged in.??..I'm just making a guess here, but they may work at the same time without any extra doodads. When you're away from the desk, use the wireless...When you're at the desk, use the wired..Is the wired keyboard and mouse a PS2 set up or are they USB? I've never tried it, but I think they will both work simultaneously.

Hope this helps.


- Collapse -
I agree

I agree with Grif.
ESPECIALLY if you are using USB plugged keyboard and mouse.
All will work at the same time.

I do that now.

CNET Forums

Forum Info