Tip

WinZip

Hi, I just downloaded your link for WinZip...I received a Malewarebyte unsafe block on my pc....PUP.Optional.InstallCore A..Can u verify the link? Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: WinZip
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WinZip
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A good alternative:
- Collapse -
Thank you for letting us know about this.

All products on Download.com are downloaded, installed, and scanned for viruses and malware before being published in our library.

We re-tested the download at the following location and found that the detection you saw is a false positive, triggered by an additional, optional offer included in the publisher's installer:

http://download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

If you still wish to download and install WinZip and your antivirus program is actually blocking the download, you may need to set an exception within the program to enable the download. Otherwise, just be sure to pay close attention to all the screens in the install wizard, and decline or opt-out of any additional applications or offers you do not want before proceeding.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact our support team by filling out the form on this page:

http://t.cnet.com/PS6r5c

Regards,
Jen
Download.com Support

- Collapse -
Cnet needs to Rethink their Program rules

It is obvious that some of these publishers do not take as much precautions as Cnet claims to take. So, I think it is about time to require publishers not be able to include and additional, optional offers with their product offering and if they cause problems then their Trust rating should be lowered and they should be removed for a specific time until they can show they want to play fair.

CNET Forums