Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

Question

WINRIP for DVD

by johncovina / September 11, 2012 6:03 AM PDT

I had a problem with both winrip ofr dvd and windows media player after my system locked. It would no longer read my mini-dvds from my camcorder. all was well then it is as if there is no disc in the dvd-rom.

Is there a way to get the programs to recognize these again like a list to select from? I was running Windows XP.

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
If it's just a software issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 11, 2012 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: WINRIP for DVD

Then System Restore to before the event will do the job. If not, look to issues in the device manager from CODE 19, 31, 41 and others in the drive.
Bob

Collapse -
I di try a system restore.
by johncovina / September 13, 2012 4:46 AM PDT

Even after I did a system restore the problem remains. As an aside the sound vanished too. I had to go thru a variety of screens to find where the the Mute button was truned on for one of the sound programs! That's why i suspect there is a place where WMM and the Win Rip have a list od wht they will recgnize and the min-dvd-r'd have been de-selected.

I'll check the other thanks.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!