Laptops forum

Question

windows7 clean

by mammaw47 / June 26, 2012 8:56 AM PDT

what is the best free registery cleaner for windows7 acer aspire

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: windows7 clean
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: windows7 clean
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
software
by engtianxi / June 26, 2012 10:57 PM PDT
In reply to: windows7 clean
Collapse -
Answer
I agree
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 26, 2012 11:17 PM PDT

CCleaner, it is great at removing all those nuisance Temp files and Temporary Internet Files and such.

But why do you want any registry cleaner? The registry doesn't require any cleaning or any other action.

Mark

Collapse -
Answer
So far the best is "None"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 27, 2012 5:29 AM PDT

You have folk selling such things and will tell you anything to get you to buy their product.

The best here is "none." If anyone tells you otherwise then you can bet they are less than seasoned or want to sell you their product.
Bob

Collapse -
so far the best is none
by mammaw47 / June 28, 2012 4:13 AM PDT

then what is the cherest and best or what would you recomend?

Collapse -
Since we don't need these.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

You don't need to buy one. What made you think this is something needed?

Collapse -
since we dont need these
by mammaw47 / June 30, 2012 4:41 AM PDT

so windows 7 automatically ceans and fixes its self when you click ciean and repair?

Collapse -
Re: clean and repair
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 30, 2012 4:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
ccleaner
by mammaw47 / July 1, 2012 2:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: clean and repair

well for one thing my computer is slowing down and i dont have ccleaner and i have heard that ccleaner is not all that good but i dont know all that much about windows 7 or computers in general

Collapse -
Then what do you like?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 1, 2012 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: ccleaner

Let's hope you don't fall for the snake oil products.

Collapse -
I wonder if
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 1, 2012 5:45 AM PDT

your question should have been something like,

My Windows 7 Acer (Model number) performance is slowing down. The specs are, xxxxxx

The slow down is in, Startup, or Opening applications, or Browsing speeds, or xxxxxx

If so, (and no mention of cleaners), I wonder if more help could have been provided more quickly.

Mark

Collapse -
So you think that cleaning ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 1, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

makes it better perform? Well, sometimes it doesn't at all and sometimes it speed up certain things a few procent, depending on the (a) the cause of the slowdown and (b) the kind of cleaning you do. Would a performance that's one procent better really help you?

Kees

Collapse -
cleaning
by mammaw47 / July 1, 2012 10:22 AM PDT

hey dont knock me because i dont know that much about computers i am trying to learn.and how did you know that i have a acer aspire 5349-2418 running windows 7.the slow down is in startup,opening applications, browsing and down loading.disk space cleanup manager for windows is the cleaner that i have.and by the way you mentioned something about snakes i live in the house with a 5ft python.back to cleaners do you think that my cleaner is o.k.i tried another cleaner that i was told was free but after i used it a message poped up saying i had 2000 something bad files and did i want the cleaner to clean and repair them and then it gave me a price for it.

Collapse -
2000 bad files!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 1, 2012 11:04 AM PDT
In reply to: cleaning

If that was true, wouldn't the machine fail to run Windows?

Collapse -
if...
by engtianxi / July 8, 2012 8:50 PM PDT
In reply to: cleaning

If you really have 2,000 bad files, you will need to do a recovery process by using your Recovery DVD or use your recovery partition that is not corrupted.

If you cannot do it, do a clean and fresh install using your OEM product key. If your PC is notebook, the OEM product key sticker will be located inside the battery holder. If your PC is a desktop, the sticker is located at the back side oof your desktop computer.

Otherwise, you need to send your PC to your nearest Acer service center for a repair.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!