General discussion

Windows XP SP3

When trying to open "MY Computer" on the start menu I get the Logo header but nothing below the blue logo. no devices, no 'C', 'D', etc. drives. The only thing that has changed since I last tried to go there is that I updated to Netframe 3.5 and a few other updates from Microsoft.
To my way of thought they sure can't get it done a Microsoft like they can at Apple. They update an download, as with Netframe, within days of the intiial update, this all robs computer speed due to disc storage.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows XP SP3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows XP SP3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Options

I would be surprised that a Windows Update damaged My Computer like that.

Can you clarify what you can see? Look at the image below;
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/hdnt/IST_Changes_Basic_filesMyComputer1_.jpg
Do you only see the blue window header bar, and nothing underneath that?

What about other Explorer windows, like My Documents, My Pictures, or Windows Explorer, are they all the same?

If so I would either navigate to System Restore, (Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore), select the restore point you created before updating Windows this time, and restoring the system back to that time/date.

Or Uninstall the updates that were downloaded and installed.

Mark

- Collapse -
Win SP 3

Thanks for your help I did as you suggested and restored to last Sunday and got it back Thanks Terry

CNET Forums

Forum Info