Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Windows XP SP2 Hangs during Shutdown/Restart

by element02 / January 3, 2007 8:58 PM PST

When I try to turn off or restart Windows XP, it hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" screen. I have rebooted in safe mode and was able to restart in safe mode. I have tried system restore and run the check disk utility without success. I checked the Event Viewer and saw 2 recurring warnings from EvntAgnt. The first is event 1003 and the second is event 1015. I have also run the free TweakNow and Eusing registry cleaners.

Could someone please provide any help with resolving this issue?

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows XP SP2 Hangs during Shutdown/Restart
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows XP SP2 Hangs during Shutdown/Restart
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
eror code
by rockyolson1 / January 3, 2007 9:36 PM PST

Well from what I found your first error code might be from a ram error, or possibley bad ram. You can download memtest from here under downloads to check this. 1015 seems to be a corrupt registry but thats all I can come up with for now. Try the memtest and see if this will get some help. rocky

Collapse -
Link about troubleshooting this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2007 10:02 PM PST
Collapse -
by element02 / January 4, 2007 9:52 AM PST

Rocky, when running memtest, which image do I enter?

Proffitt, I've tried that link before and didn't find a workable solution. Thanks

I checked the properties on 1015 and found this from Microsoft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 1015
Source: EvntAgnt
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: SNMPELEA_NO_REGISTRY_TRACE_LEVEL_PARAMETER
Message: TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is %1.

Explanation
Debug tracing is turned off. This is the default condition of the system. Debug tracing should only be turned on when you are debugging software.

These error events will continue to be logged when you restart the computer, unless you reconfigure the Evntagnt.dll.

User Action
No user action is required; however, you can stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer by reconfiguring the evntagnt.dll in the system registry.

Caution The following procedures change system registry settings. If Registry Editor is used incorrectly, serious system problems can occur, and the operating system may need to be reinstalled.

To stop displaying EvntAgnt 1015 messages in Event Viewer

Before starting SNMP, open Registry Editor.
Navigate to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_
EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
Add the following registry values:
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: null (blank)
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 32

If you want to enable debug tracing of eventagnt.dll on this computer, reconfigure eventagnt.dll in the system registry. This will also stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer.

To configure the evntagnt.dll file for debug tracing

Open Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_ EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: c:\evntagnt.log
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 1

Version: 5.0
Component: Application Event Log
Symbolic Name: SNMPELEA_NO_REGISTRY_TRACE_LEVEL_PARAMETER
Message: TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is %1.

Explanation
Debug tracing is turned off. This is the default condition of the system. Debug tracing should only be turned on when you are debugging software.

These error events will continue to be logged when you restart the computer, unless you reconfigure the Evntagnt.dll.

User Action
No user action is required; however, you can stop Windows from displaying these messages in Event Viewer by reconfiguring the evntagnt.dll in the system registry.

Caution The following procedures change system registry settings. If Registry Editor is used incorrectly, serious system problems can occur, and the operating system may need to be reinstalled.

To stop displaying EvntAgnt 1015 messages in Event Viewer

Before starting SNMP, open Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SNMP_
EVENTS\EventLog\Parameters
TraceFileNameType: REG_SZValue: null (blank)
TraceLevelType: REG_DWORDValue: 32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would editing the registry with either of the above entries correct this?

Collapse -
Sorry, not a big enough picture.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2007 10:51 AM PST

Please ponder those words in red. Maybe some detail will be the clue to unravel this one.

Bob

Collapse -
My apoloies I was
by rockyolson1 / January 4, 2007 11:19 AM PST

confused by your response and tried the download from cnet and found a version for Linux and not windows.Heres a site for download for windows and it only has two folders on read me and the other the exe. file. http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html don't remember if I put the link in right but it will get you one to run from windows. rocky

Collapse -
by element02 / January 4, 2007 9:23 PM PST
In reply to: My apoloies I was

Rocky, I ran the memtest. It ran to 300% without any errors.

Collapse -
Here are the words in red AKA the forum note.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2007 11:56 PM PST
In reply to: My apoloies I was

Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

I re-read the posts and don't see any big clue. But there are so many pieces of information missing.

Bob

Collapse -
by element02 / January 5, 2007 12:43 AM PST

Sorry about that.

System info:

Dell XPS Gen 3
Windows XP Pro SP2 (w/ all current updates)
1GB RAM
1 250GB Western Digital HD (primary)
1 300GB Seagate HD (secondary)

Collapse -
Just a thought here
by rockyolson1 / January 5, 2007 1:09 AM PST

Was wondering how many icons you have near your clock (bottom right conner??had a friend who had 13 and had some what of the same problem. rocky

Collapse -
Nice machine but not the good info.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2007 1:41 AM PST

Such as what's running prior to shutdown. It's never been shared.

Here's how.

Open a command window. Type in TASKLIST and share the result.

Bob

Collapse -
Windows HANGS....
by castingRod47 / January 5, 2007 1:37 AM PST

That is a normal shutdown..
as long as NO Blue Screen Appears..
XP likes to RUN in a consistant manner..
if you did a new project XP needs to EXIT diferrently..than if you continually RUN the same Programs like WMP..or Internet Surfing and Email..XP will more or Less Shut-Down regularily..
Try this:/
Click...Start Menu...Right Click/Properties appears..
CLEAR-ICONS located in START MENU..
CLICK-advanced TAB....Click...CLEAR recently OPENED Documents..Exit and APPLY as need...Click OK...to close..
Try a New restart and Shut Down..
I also choose theSETProgramAccessDEFAULTS-Click..Microsoft/Click-OK..
I do that regularily..
If you have a Lower Power PC..you may NOT be able to use a Sound Card..you might need to use the OnBoard Sound/
My PC...a DELL DE051/...also called the B110/1100-series Dimension..its a $$300.00 Desktop..Celeron D..2.53 GHz..I replaced the DELL RAM w/Kingston 512MB(System Specific)RAM..
..On my DESKTOP I right click Properties and in Settings-Advanced---TROUBLESHOOTING...I drop the Hardware Accelleration---ONE Notch..
..I pulled the Conexant MODEM and replaced it w/USRobotics Modem(5699B)..
..In DEVICE Manager....I use a PageFILE Size choosen-System Managed Size..
I also Choose ADJUST for Best Performance..which CANCELS the XP-graphics..it makes it a little difficult to find some ICONS/
And In System Set Up I Configure my (System)HDD to RUN under a Performance MODE(acoustics mode)..which has been a really big upgrade procedure..
I really don't use a Ext. device w/this PC..I use the On-Board features ONLY..this PC is my Internet Surfer device..
I built a second PC for more heavy operation..
My Internet PC runs on XP-SP2 Home Edition and McAFEE Security subscription..$$39.00 per year..
My PC-build is a XP-SP2 Professional Full Version OS($$279.00)..
Kingston Hyper X RAM(512MB)..
Pentium 4 HTT 531[3.0GHz]..CPU
a CREATIVE Audigy 2ZS Sound Card and NERO 7 Ultra Edition for DVD-movies..
It has 3-peripherals..
2-HDD's..1-Ext. Burner Drive..No Printer..
The Onboard DRIVES are a 40-GB Western Digital System HDD[NTFS]..
A DVD-RW/R(-+)ROM/Burner Drive..
A TOSHIBA SD-R5112(-)DVD-combo drive..Burner also..
My Internet PC uses a CD-ROM and a CD-RW/R Burner Drive and a FLOPPY drive..its System Drive is a Western Digital 30-GB[NTFS]..
I connect my two PC's via a KVM-switch..useing a single Monitor and Keyboard..
I think its important to keep your Project PC off the Internet(surfing)..I only take that PC online for software Updates in NERO or CREATIVE or McAFEE..Microsoft UPDATE SERVICE..
Use the Defragmentor Program(alot)..
Don't store FILES/Folders on the C:/drive..Archive them..
I have found a Blue Screen to be a Hardware ISSUE about a Non-Compliant part..
Hope this INFO--->>>HELPPPSSSSS!!!!

Collapse -
by element02 / January 5, 2007 9:03 AM PST
In reply to: Windows HANGS....

I have 4 icons on the systray. Trend Micro Internet Security, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Norton Password Manager and InCD.

How do you copy the tasklist? I ran it, but don't know how to copy it to text.

Castingrod, a blue screen hasn't appeared during shutdown.

Thanks

Collapse -
InCD is a sometimes culprit.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2007 9:10 AM PST

You have 2 items that if you research are noted widely. You replied you tried the Aumha link but yet you have InCD still installed. Here's my thought. Remove items and keep testing.

To copy the tasklist you highlight the text with the mouse and press the enter. Then you right click paste into a reply here.

Bob

Collapse -
by element02 / January 7, 2007 12:56 PM PST

Here is the tasklist.

Image Name PID Session Name Session# Mem Usage
======================= ======= =============== ======== ==========
System Idle Process 0 Console 0 16 K
System 4 Console 0 212 K
smss.exe 672 Console 0 388 K
crss.exe 736 Console 0 4,108 K
winlogon.exe 760 Console 0 3,096 K
services.exe 804 Console 0 3,540 K
lsass.exe 816 Console 0 5,928 K
ati2evxx.exe 1000 Console 0 2,364 K
svchost.exe 1016 Console 0 5,148 K
svchost.exe 1104 Console 0 4,420 K
svchost.exe 1200 Console 0 20,624 K
InCDsrv.exe 1220 Console 0 4,608 K
svchost.exe 1308 Console 0 3,336 K
svchost.exe 1432 Console 0 4,540 K
spoolsv.exe 1668 Console 0 5,264 K
guard.exe 1820 Console 0 11,584 K
CDANTSRV.EXE 1832 Console 0 1,440 K
CTSVCCDA.EXE 1848 Console 0 1,564 K
IAANTmon.exe 1888 Console 0 1,380 K
MDM.EXE 1908 Console 0 3,104 K
PcCt1Com.exe 1956 Console 0 6,408 K
snmp.exe 256 Console 0 3,808 K
svchost.exe 280 Console 0 4,156 K
symlcsvc.exe 304 Console 0 504 K
Tmntsrv.exe 456 Console 0 4,216 K
tmproxy.exe 504 Console 0 64,528 K
SpySweeper.exe 608 Console 0 18,880 K
TmPfw.exe 2216 Console 0 6,216 K
explorer.exe 2680 Console 0 23,608 K
pccguide.exe 2720 Console 0 6,588 K
wmiprvse.exe 3232 Console 0 6,820 K
IAAnotif.exe 3652 Console 0 2,572 K
SpySweeperUI.exe 3752 Console 0 10,600 K
InCD.exe 3820 Console 0 10,480 K
AcctMgr.exe 3884 Console 0 15,004 K
wuauclt.exe 4000 Console 0 9,912 K
acrotray.exe 144 Console 0 3,096 K
iTunesHelper.exe 2368 Console 0 4,168 K
ctfmon.exe 2436 Console 0 5,824 K
iPodService.exe 1484 Console 0 3,992 K
acrobat_s1.exe 2812 Console 0 2,784 K
ssu.exe 2972 Console 0 3,392 K
iexplore.exe 3128 Console 0 27,176 K
cmd.exe 3668 Console 0 2,944 K
TASKLIST.EXE 184 Console 0 4,488 K

I'll try disabling InCD.

Collapse -
check for virus and spyware
by dcqec111 / January 7, 2007 6:45 PM PST

use zone alarm security suite.

Collapse -
HijackThis Log File
by element02 / January 8, 2007 8:14 AM PST

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:13:22 PM, on 1/8/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
F:\Temp\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://google.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://start.earthlink.net/channel/START
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] "C:\Program Files\Norton Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSDrvCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15026/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/chat/applet/v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {3BA494B1-D507-4C11-9BDA-D47E1A65DFCF} (Confidence Online for Web Applications) - https://mcpuk1.jpmorgan.com/llclient/myataw/winxp/AXXPEE.dll
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eBay_Enhanced_Picture_Control_v1-0-3-36.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1097800098359
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {785F7664-AD0E-4CBA-8F28-F6C485A9E648} (Web Class) - https://www-us.myataw.com/ebctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {9600F64D-755F-11D4-A47F-0001023E6D5A} (Shutterfly Picture Upload Plugin) - http://web1.shutterfly.com/downloads/Uploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15028/CTPID.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS2 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe" -win32service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: IAA Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

Collapse -
Issue Resolved
by element02 / January 8, 2007 10:17 PM PST
In reply to: HijackThis Log File

I installed User Profile Hive Cleanup Service and Windows shutdown withouth any problems. Though I still don't know which app was causing the problem, I'm happy it's no longer hanging on shutdown.

Thanks for your help!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?