General discussion

Windows XP Pro 32 bit Builders CD

I'm trying to find a CD version of win XP Pro 32bit that is able to be used as a repair disc, or a builders disc. I can hardly find any type of Win XP that is not a one use only copy. I'm trying to get a repair/service business open and would like to know if anyone knows where I can get one of this discs that isn't tied to one particular Certificate of Authenticity. Any help is appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows XP Pro 32 bit Builders CD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows XP Pro 32 bit Builders CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nothing new here.

I'm encountering a few that want a CD that does not enforce the licenses. This is not how the system works.

Did you need to discuss licenses?
Bob

- Collapse -
Since the Microsoft License is ...

one copy of the software per certificate of authenticity installed on a single PC you, just like all the rest of us, are constrained to purchasing and re-selling the OEM installation CD/DVD for each and every PC you build and install a copy of Windows on.

IF you are only repairing PCs you can also purchase a single copy of each Retail, OEM, or Upgrade for each Operating System you will be working on and make use of the appropriate version (the installation has a Serial Check that compares the key you enter from the CoA to the actual installation disk in use to ensure that OEM keys are only used with OEM disks and Retail and Upgrade disks are only used with Retail and Upgrade keys) for repairs and re-installations on PCs that have no physical media but do have their CoA attached so you can use the PC's existing Key for the installation. Each key is only going to authenticate ONCE!

CNET Forums

Forum Info