Question

windows xp os disc

In a recent house move i now cant find my windows xp sp3 disc i do have the reg numbers is there any where i can get one for free?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: windows xp os disc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows xp os disc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
So far there are no free lunches.

If you lose something there is usually a fee to get a new one.
Bob

- Collapse -
xp disc

not really much help bob

- Collapse -
Re: xp disk

You might have a colleague, friend or family member that's willing to share his disk with you and with some luck it will accept your license key. Nothing illegal about that. Same for eBay and comparable sites, although those won't be free usually. Also try freecycke.

Kees

- Collapse -
Typo: freecycle

Or craigslist.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
xp cd

hi kees tried both of these but no luck

- Collapse -
3,700 offers right now.
- Collapse -
xp cd

Bob why do you insist on sending replies which are no use to anybody im only asking for a bit of help ok maybe i will have to buy one

- Collapse -
How is that not helping?

You did ask for a CD KEY and I see folk answered that plus told you why no one will do that.

Then you wrote you had no luck on Ebay so I did a quick check and thought maybe you didn't use the right words.

Maybe you are being unclear here. That is, you only want someone to give you their key for free.
Bob

- Collapse -
cd

sorry Bob no i have a cd key on the side of my machine just no cd please accept my apologies

- Collapse -
Those CD KEYS on Dell for example

Don't always work with the retail XP CD from Microsoft. But I'm sure you figured that out by now.
Bob

CNET Forums