Windows Legacy OS forum

Resolved Question

Windows XP on Dell xps Studio 16

by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 5:16 AM PDT

Please Can Anyone Help me to solve this problem I was searching for forums to find out the people who can help me I found some forums are useless they even dont me Sad so sad I hope this forum will help me to solve my problem !

The topic is about to install Windows XP Professional on my Laptop

Laptop is Dell xps Studio 16 I have tried to install many times but I couldn't

Some one told me that the problem is Windows Xp doesn't support SATA HDD so they said that I need to find windows with SATA drivers I didn't it something like that SO PLEASE people help me to solve this problem I have Windows XP Professional on the disk AND I can't install it Pease Help

I can switch on my TeamVeiwer and you can JOin it then please solve it waiting for an answer !

Abylay123 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows XP on Dell xps Studio 16
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows XP on Dell xps Studio 16
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Abylay123

Collapse -
Since Microsoft never issued XP with SATA drivers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 5:30 AM PDT

You will never find such a thing. This is why folk use the F6 Floppy install method or change a BIOS setting to enable IDE Emulation.

I don't see a link to your laptop's manual so I can't check if it has a) such a BIOS setting and b) all the drivers for XP.

Installing XP once was a rite of passage for many. Today I think it's a PITA.
bob

Collapse -
alright
by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 5:34 AM PDT

If I change BIOS setting to enable IDE can I install windows xp professional ?

Collapse -
I can't answer that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 5:45 AM PDT
In reply to: alright

But you should try it.

Collapse -
I have one more problem
by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 5:53 AM PDT
In reply to: I can't answer that.

When I went to BIOS to change ACHI I just see ACHI and ATA Do you have any idea what is ATA ? is it IDE or defferent one ?

Collapse -
Good find.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 5:55 AM PDT

The thing about these settings is vendors keep renaming them. That's one of the names I see.

Change it and try. You can always change it back.
Bob

Collapse -
windows xp pro
by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Good find.

My friend Please can you give me a link for windows xp Professional sp2 or 3 really not matter anything

if you have it give me link plz !

Can I install it with flash-disk ? for example ISO. file I just need to Burn it into flash-disk and install !

Do you knoow any link to download or torrent file ? because when I put my Windows installer the system says :

"INF file txtsetup.sif is currupt or missing , status 18.
Setup cannot continue .
Press any key to exit"

Do you know why I get this message ?

Collapse -
Sorry but XP is not downloadable.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 6:11 AM PDT
In reply to: windows xp pro

You can find this old OS for sale still on Amazon, Newegg and such.

If you use google and those words you see what others have found.

While there are some discussions about installing from a flash disk, I find that to be too much work. That's why I use the Microsoft issued original. (But I do have a CD copy just in case the CD original fails.)

Bob

Collapse -
fine thanks :)
by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 6:16 AM PDT

Last problem Happy sorry for taking your time I have windows 7 professional disk installer original and when I put it on DVD disk , and then when I restart my computer , the computer doesn't find my windows 7 installer I pressed f12 for boot to change first boot DVD/CD right ? so its not finding it ...

Do you have any idea how to solve it !?

if you didnt get me , I wil write again the problem is My computer doesn't find the installer disk I put first Boot is DVD/CD right it s not finding Sad

Please help !

Collapse -
No Problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 6:19 AM PDT
In reply to: fine thanks :)

Could be any number of issues from a smudge on the media to a lens that needs cleaning to a failed drive.

I don't see much information about this machine's age or prior history.
Bob

Collapse -
nero
by Abylay123 / August 25, 2011 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: No Problem.

sorry last one Happy

If I burn windows 7 to empty disk by using nero burner can I install windows 7 on my laptop Happy ?

but the problem is it doesnt find my disk doesnt read it but when I put any disks liek media to listen music it works fine Sad

Collapse -
Not what I use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 6:29 AM PDT
In reply to: nero

Nero can put images to CD/DVD but I find folk rarely get it right.

IMGBURN does a better job but again, I'd use the Microsoft issued media to save us from all this.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!