Question

Windows XP issue

Dear All,

Did anyone face an issue what I face right now. My scenario, I try to RDP to any windows servers or workstation in my domain environment. when the moment I key in username and password then press enter. Look like window sent fax job or print job. Even though I disable Fax or printer services. Even I not sent any print or fax job. How to solved this issue.

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows XP issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows XP issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
", I try to RDP to any windows servers or workstation in my

Let's try simple. What you want to do requires a lot of setup. And most of the time it's not allowed for security reasons.

As the IT leader I'm unsure why you think this should work. Tell the full story.
Bob

- Collapse -
I try to RDP to any windows servers or workstation in my PC

My issue is like this. Every time I use the remote desktop to any clients or servers. Look like my PC sent print job or fax job by automatic and it not done by me. I have no idea why my PC sent a job. Not only me, all my user that have this RDP features face similar issue. Windows XP system start generate an error in even log as per below and it create a lot everytime I do RDP.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Event Type: WarningEvent Source: Microsoft FaxEvent Category: Initialization/Termination Event ID: 32026Date: 5/26/2011Time: 9:54:49 AMUser: N/AComputer: TCMHQISD10Description:Fax Service failed to initialize any assigned fax devices (virtual or TAPI). No faxes can be sent or received until a fax device is installed.For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Event Type: WarningEvent Source: Microsoft FaxEvent Category: Initialization/Termination Event ID: 32068Date: 5/26/2011Time: 9:51:41 AMUser: N/AComputer: TCMHQISD10Description:The outgoing routing rule is not valid because it cannot find a valid device. The outgoing faxes that use this rule will not be routed. Verify that the targeted device or devices (if routed to a group of devices) is connected and installed correctly, and turned on. If routed to a group, verify that the group is configured correctly. Country/region code: '*' Area code: '*'For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thank you.

- Collapse -
That's not the full story.

I read nothing about your background as the IT lead or how you configured the machines to accept the RDP call.

It's as if you decide "Heck I'm going to try RDP without setting up all the machines and networks."

Tell the full story.
Bob

CNET Forums