HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Windows XP / IBM T60

by jschmillen / February 27, 2008 9:37 AM PST

I recently formatted my IBM T60 with Windows XP using NTFS. I am now unable to connect to the internet using neither ethernet cable directly to modem or via wireless network in my home.

The T60 has a switch on the front next to the infared eye that is used to turn the built-in wireless on/off. I turn this ON and a light just below the computer screen should illuminate that appears as a small 'lighttower' but it does not come on.

Any help!

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows XP / IBM T60
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows XP / IBM T60
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did youinstall. . .
by Coryphaeus / February 27, 2008 9:46 AM PST
In reply to: Windows XP / IBM T60

the drivers?

Collapse -
Drivers
by jschmillen / February 27, 2008 9:47 AM PST
In reply to: Did youinstall. . .

I have not touched anything related to the drivers...how do I get the drivers if I can't get on the internet? Also, where would I find those drivers?

PS - Using dual boot right now on partition to get on the net...

Collapse -
Support website
by Willy / February 27, 2008 9:56 AM PST
In reply to: Drivers

When you reformatted you left yourself cold in that any drivers would be needed later. That action would be required to more address this problem. If you have any restore/recovery CDs, use them and find the drivers dir.. If none, then proceed to the IBM support website now Lenevo owns IBM pcs and get the drivers there for your model. I suspect that support can better help you if you allow it to search your system for the details it needs or you manually do it and then get the necessary drivers. You should be capable as you already got on the web, just d/l the drivers to a dir. you can later retrieve from.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Drivers
by jschmillen / February 27, 2008 10:48 AM PST
In reply to: Support website

Willy
Where would I locate the drivers prior to re-format?
Secondly, say I could locate them on my drive, how would I get them to apply in my new setup? Thanks.

Collapse -
Driver Cache
by jschmillen / February 27, 2008 11:02 AM PST
In reply to: Support website

I've reformatted my new OS on my D: drive while leaving the old intact on the C: drive.

I have a folder in my C: drive folder WINNT and then a folder called 'Driver Cache'
Should I take this folder and replace my Driver Cache folder on the D: drive?

Collapse -
Your drivers are at this link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2008 11:17 AM PST
In reply to: Windows XP / IBM T60

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-62928.html

Collapse -
Thanks
by jschmillen / February 27, 2008 11:41 AM PST

Thanks for the drivers...I downloaded to an external drive 'ThinkPad 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter' and then copied it to the new desktop and ran it, so I could use the ThinkAdvantage update system..but it didn't work

This is fun.

Collapse -
(NT) I agree that method should fail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2008 11:48 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks
Collapse -
PS. Read this link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2008 12:01 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.