repair the system.
Put in the Windows disk and start the computer
press and key to boot off the disk
tell it to install
do the agreement
click on repair
it will then repair the system. You will need to do all the Windows updates again.
So far, no luck for my DELL Inspiron 6000 laptop!
I upgraded Adobe 8.1; however, it hung during 85% completion. I turn off and restart the computer. It freeze on log on screen; the mouse was not working. I can only press Fn+F1 to standby and Fn+F3 to unable or disable Wi-Fi. Tried all other keys already.
1. Hold Power On & F11, start PSA Diagnostics, everything OK.
2. F8; safe mode, command prompt, last known good start, etc. Only return to same problem.
3. Used XP setup CD; turn to the same problem again.
4. F12 and changed the reboot to CD-ROM; used Norton; No virus.
5. Not able to go to C prompt
5. Use other computer to look at the the hard drive; can't see the "my document" folder. But see "document and settings" folder.
I have not backed up for few months and I would like to save my files before I go to the last step which is using Restore by Symantec and erase all the data;then install all the original files.