General discussion

Windows XP - EISA Partition - wiill it Clone ?

I'm running XP Home edition. My PC was purchsed fully built with XP installed(no XP CD provided).

I have two SATA hard drives of the same spec.,

I've attempted to clone the system drive using Casper XP. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to copy the EISA Partition over and XP will not load using the cloned drive.

Would teh same problem occur if I used Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image ? Or am I not using Casper XP properly ?

Grateful for any advice ........

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows XP - EISA Partition - wiill it Clone ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows XP - EISA Partition - wiill it Clone ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Windows XP - EISA Partition - wiill it Clone ?

If you'd have read Casper XP FAQ you'd found that it doesn't clone your wished context. Probable latest Ghost version would do it. For Acronis, just ask them by filling the Feedback form.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

- Collapse -
you should have the XP CD

included with your computer or a restore CD set. You should also have a complete set of CDs with everything factory installed including drivers and software.

This is not a minor problem. If you need to repair, reinstall or otherwise fix your operating system, you can't. I'd recommend you contact the company and see about getting the CD. Afterall, you paid for the operating system when you bought the machine and should have a copy.

CNET Forums

Forum Info