Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Windows Vista Calendar Question

by jrouse17 / January 23, 2008 2:20 AM PST

Hi. I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista on it. My old computer had Windows 98. My question is about the new Calendar in Vista. I cant seem to figure out how to make appointments reoccur without changing all the info in all of them. 98 Calendar would ask if i wanted to change the info in this occurrence or in all the occurrences. Vista does not ask this and automatically changes the info in all the occurrences. Also is there a way to change the color of an individual appointment without changing all the colors?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Vista Calendar Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Vista Calendar Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have my Windows 98se laptop here and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2008 3:22 AM PST

Can't find that calendar. Maybe you had Outlook?

Collapse -
Windows Calendar for Vista
by jrouse17 / January 23, 2008 4:04 AM PST

Hi. My question is pertaining Windows Calendar that came with Vista. It is version 6 I think. Are you familiar with this version? Thanks for trying to help. JoAnn

Collapse -
I have 2 laptops.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2008 4:06 AM PST

One has Windows 98se, the new one has Vista. For me to replicate the issue I need to figure out what Calendar you used in Windows 98se. It appears to me it's not a native part of 98se.

Hope you can fill in the missing info.

Bob

Collapse -
Calendar
by jrouse17 / January 23, 2008 5:01 AM PST
In reply to: I have 2 laptops.

Oh I see what you are saying. Well it was already loaded on my Windows 98se OS when I got it back in 1999. It is Microsoft Works Calendar version 1.0. Does that help? Thanks, JoAnn

Collapse -
I don't have that one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2008 6:52 AM PST
In reply to: Calendar

I had Outlook 2000 to try this but I can't replicate your issue since I never had Works. Armed with this new information maybe someone with that combo can investigate it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.