Windows Vista forum

Question

Windows vista 32-bit will not install adobe flash player

My windows vista 32-bit system will not correctly load adobe flash player. I have tried about 30 different things including uninstalling and reinstalling using adobes uninstall and installer. I have tried disabling my webroot anti-virus, purchasing a PC Cleaner (although it says it cleaned up a lot of issues, I see NO difference), and I have been working on this for about 2 months off and on.

Everything else on my system works fine, and I see no slowing down of anything except downloads.

I have tried different links for flash player installation, it shows up in my programs in the control panel sometimes but it is not working when I try to download a video, say from you tube.

When the installer starts up, it goes through the initializing process fine and quickly. When it starts to retrieve the download it times out at around 20% every time.

So frustrated...PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows vista 32-bit will not install adobe flash player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows vista 32-bit will not install adobe flash player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
When it gets

In reply to: Windows vista 32-bit will not install adobe flash player

to this stage, 2 months of trying and still no resolution, it may be time to start afresh and carry out a Vista Repair or a complete Vista reinstall.

I would never use some cleaner software or other, even in desperation, as the damage they can cause often runs deep. But perhaps one more try.

Run Adobe's Uninstaller again, and make sure no browsers are open when you run it. Then, reboot the computer. This allows Windows to update its registry on the restart. Then try the new install yet again.

But if that fails, a repair or reinstall seems likely the only solution.

Mark

Collapse -
Answer
solution to the problem of update

Collapse -
Answer
flash player install issues

Hi i had the same problem on my pc running vista home premium turned out it was a conflict with the windows service pack ,as i had just downloaded and installed it the day before this issue appeared it was my old install of flash that was causing the issue you mentioned above and its an easy fix just use revo uninstallerto uninstall flash player which you can get from this site to clean all registry keys for flash just uninstall the program using normal mode then reboot your pc with flash removed install service pack 2 for vista again if its not already installed on your pc then reboot again and then reinstall flash but make sure you make a restore point before you install as it will save you time should you still have the same problem,flash sometimes misses a key in the registry that brings up a box in flash apps to access your camera or mic and to ask for storage permissions this is what your problem is as it looks for it at pc boot , try to reinstall and the problem gets compounded with two registry keys pointing to a wrong location for the flash app well it was on my pc hope this will help

Collapse -
Answer
32bit vista adobe flash player

I just fixed mine 6/17/2012 by doing this following. A. make sure you have adobe 10/11 plug ins. B. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\ACTIVE x CAPATIBILITY\ (NOW HERE IS WHERE IT IS TIME CONSUMING MAYBE 3 MINUEST. SCROLL DOWN ALL THE WAY UNTIL YOU FIND THIS) D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000. IF THIS IS NOT PRESENT THEN YOUR FLASH PLAYER KILL-BIT IS NOT SET. however if it is there do the following: once you click on the D27 date mentioned earlier you will see DWORD AND COMPATIBILITY FLAG UNDER IT. MAKE SURE THE DWORD IS SET TO 0 (THIS ZERO NOT o.
you do this my left clicking the DWORD THEN MODIFY AND MAKE IT 0. UNDER CAPATIBILITY MAKE SURE IS IS SET TO 0X00000000 note: once you start typing in modify the x will not appear but it will once you type it in and it appears opposite campatibility flag. now close out the registry. go to any site where to view a video. i use yahoo home page and clicked on one of the items that had a video and bing it worked. please note prior to doing this I tried everything i could find on the net. this is the only thing that worked and it came from the adobe.com/thread/782435?tstart=0. Whoever posted this information was dead on right. Many thanks to whoever figured this fix out an posted it. PS I had adobe flashplayer 10 active x----- installed and i had downloaded adobe flash 11 go figure but it worked perfectly.. good luck to whoever uses this suggestion or go to the forum and read it for yourself. many thanks.
Collapse -
Personally

In reply to: 32bit vista adobe flash player

I wouldn't touch the registry at all.

And since this thread is now a few months old I am locking it.

Mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.