1. The HDD has failed.
2. The user changed the BIOS setting for the HDD controller.
So far out of hundreds of laptops I've yet to find the Windows update to cause this. If you feel otherwise, get legal counsel and file a case.
So here's the list of events up to now
•On February 12th, my EliteBook 8460w recieved a regular Windows Update
•Next day, while trying to boot up Windows, I recieve a blue screen error (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)
•I tried to fix the issue by
1. Command Prompt to remove update packages (Didn't Work)
2. System Restore (I tried all restore points)
3. Safe Mode (Brings up a different blue screen "bad *something* header")
4. Reset My PC (Got stuck at 1%, so I tried again and now the Reset menu gets stuck at "Getting things ready..."
I need help!