General discussion

windows update

I recently ran into a problem
trying to install windows update.
When i clicked to install updates
a message said unable to install
code error 652.What does this mean
i have never had a problem installing updates.
Thanks for any help.edward

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: windows update
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Error 652

Best to Google on the installation error and read through the posts. Lots of hits.

- Collapse -
re:update

Thanks for your reply,i will google that.
Edward

- Collapse -
Did you find a solution?

Hi Edward,

Were you able to find a solution by doing an internet search? Will you share what Windows Update you are trying to install?

Thanks!
Cassandra

- Collapse -
re:windows update

Cassandra i finally got an answer from microsoft
om the problem and steps to fix it.What i found online did not correct it.I just went to my installed updates
and it shows a BUNCH of failed updates.I had a computer
repair look at it he said that microsoft actually takes
control of the computer on their end and supposedly fixes it.
Why i see the failed updates is making me wonder.if they fixed anything.Please let me know.
Edward

CNET Forums

Forum Info