Laptops forum

Question

Windows Touchscreen Laptop with SSD

by Austin_NJ / March 10, 2015 4:16 AM PDT

Hi All,

I want a touch screen laptop with SSD for Photo editing and general usage. Dell XPS 13 was kind of over my budget. So I got this Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro from Best Buy. But it has some issues with the yellow color which upsets me. Its better with BIOS and Energy Manager Software update, but not really yellow yet. And Ubuntu is completely greenish yellow.

Everything else I liked with this laptop.

I still have couple more days left for returning this.

Thinking of buying another one if anything meets my criteria.

What I need is:
i5 equivalent or above
8GB RAM
SSD (preferably 256GB)
Touchscreen

Am not really worried about the form factor. OK with classic laptop or hybrid like the Y2P.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Touchscreen Laptop with SSD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Touchscreen Laptop with SSD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you calibrate the color?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 10, 2015 4:49 AM PDT

My son got a Pantone Huey to pull the color back into place. Some folk forget about that.
Bob

Collapse -
No
by Austin_NJ / March 10, 2015 7:01 AM PDT

I don't want to spend on a hardware for calibration.

Collapse -
Then color will be off on almost every laptop.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 10, 2015 8:14 AM PDT
In reply to: No

Outside of the Apple models my son has had to calibrate colors on each laptop and display. There's a big business in HDTV calibration too.
Bob

Collapse -
Yes and alot of ripoffs
by orlbuckeye / March 17, 2015 10:57 PM PDT

The last TV i purchased i was shopping around for an installer for Onkyo 7.1 home theater system and 58" samsung plasma. I got 2 quotes one was 1500 and other 600. The guy with the 600 didn't charge extra for calibrating and he calibrated the picture and the sound. The other company specified 200 for the calibration.

Collapse -
There are many you-tube
by orlbuckeye / March 17, 2015 10:54 PM PDT
In reply to: No

videos that tell you how to calibrate screens.

Collapse -
I got Toshiba Click 2 pro i7 8GB 128 GB
by Austin_NJ / March 18, 2015 4:17 AM PDT

Got it from Adorama eBay store for $699. All looks good.
Thank you all.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!