Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Windows Movie Maker

by Tathraman / March 16, 2005 2:06 PM PST

I want to save a project to CD but get a message that a recordable CD drive was not detected - even though I'd just used the drive to record something else. The MS knowledge base said it could be to do with HP DLA and to remove it via control panel, but it isn't listed there. Help will be very much appreicated.
TIA
David

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Movie Maker
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Movie Maker
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How are you trying to make the CD?
by glb613 / March 16, 2005 6:41 PM PST
In reply to: Windows Movie Maker

In your post you wrote "save to a CD". Are you trying to use the "send to" or "save as" option? When you made the other CD, what method did you use?

Collapse -
exactly!.....
by funkid7 / March 16, 2005 10:22 PM PST

I make movies all the time and save them to HD first then view them outside of MM, to check for corrections. Then I right click on the saved movie and durn it to CD, no problem.
sounds like glb613 is trying to create the movie as he burns it?

Collapse -
Movie Maker
by Tathraman / March 17, 2005 6:17 AM PST

>>Are you trying to use the "send to" or "save as" option?

File/Save Movie File. I then click 'recordable CD' in the Movie Location box and get the message that a recordable CD drive waas not detected.

>>When you made the other CD, what method did you use?

I made a slideshow from my digital still camera using ULead CD and DVD Picture show.

Collapse -
Have you ever created a CD using
by glb613 / March 17, 2005 6:51 AM PST
In reply to: Movie Maker

the CD burning software that came with either your computer or burner?

Collapse -
Movie Maker
by Tathraman / March 17, 2005 12:05 PM PST

If you mean Record Now, yes.

Collapse -
I guess I'm not making myself clear
by glb613 / March 17, 2005 6:45 PM PST

Have you made a CD with your CD burning software since you have been unable to do so with Movie Maker? If you haven't tried, make one. If that works then you know the burner is OK. Try making a copy of the movie through Record Now and see what happens. You need to find out if the burner is working OK with other programs.

Collapse -
Movie Maker
by Tathraman / March 18, 2005 6:53 AM PST

Yes - I just successfully burned CDs on both Record Now and Win Media Player.

Collapse -
Then your burner is working properly
by glb613 / March 18, 2005 7:18 AM PST

I have two burners on my computer, one internal and one external. I tried to make a CD using MovieMaker and it insisted on using my DVD-RW combo burner, which is the internal one, as the default. When I had the blank CD in the other drive, I got the same error message as you. It looks like the program is not recognizing your CD-RW.

Have you tried saving your project and using your CD burning program to make the CD?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.