iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Windows mobile device center

by ahmedsqts / July 16, 2010 1:45 PM PDT

Hi there;
I downloaded the windows mobile device center 6.1 version and I got it worked once. I unisntalled and re-installed it because of hanginag problem. Now eversince, evertime I connect my mobile to my pc the program always says not connected. How would I be able to retrieve the connection between my mobile and my pc again.
Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows mobile device center
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows mobile device center
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This for an iPod or iPhone?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2010 2:03 PM PDT

You didn't reveal the make, model of the phone and since this is the iPhones and iPods forum you may want to add a little more detail.

My Pharos m619 appears to have a failed USB port. My other Windows Mobile phones are fine so I know it's the m618 at fault. So it's off to them to repair.
Bob

Collapse -
Update.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 18, 2010 3:06 PM PDT

I was lucky. Just a failed USB cable. Whew!

Collapse -
windows mobile device center
by ahmedsqts / July 16, 2010 3:29 PM PDT

My phone is htc hd2 touch screen, 6.5 windos operating system. when connected with usb cable to the pc, I can see on my mobile connect to pc but on the pc the program won't work.
Thanks

Collapse -
windows mobile device center
by ahmedsqts / July 16, 2010 7:25 PM PDT

Thanks alot;
I jsut found what my probme was. it was updating my widows operating system 7 ultimate. gone to the windos update, optional update and then found one was important and downloaded it and works fine.
thanks.

Collapse -
Now that you have it fixed,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / July 16, 2010 10:12 PM PDT

you might want to take a look at the name of this forum.

iPhones & iPods.

Doubtful you would have received an answer to your problem here as you have neither of those.

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.