General discussion

Windows Media Player will not close

I have just purchased a new PC and Windows Media Player will pop-up and will close for a brief second and it pops-up again immediately like it is on a continuous cycle. I cannot work on any other program because it wants to stay in the Media Player window. Please help. Is there some sort of disable button or any kind of maintenance that i can do that can correct this problem?

Manufacturer - Gateway
Model - DX4300
OS - Windows 7

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows Media Player will not close
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows Media Player will not close
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
SInce it is new

Since it is new, I would suggest you contact the supplier/maker immediately. It's under warranty and there appears to be a malfunction.

Mark

- Collapse -
Try this!

Try this,

1. Press start,
2. In search bar write, "msconfig" (no quote mark's), press enter,
3. Goto services and look for Windows Media entry's, uncheck one box at a time and press apply, then reboot, keep going until you find the culprit.

Good luck and post your results.

PS.
You may want to try and clean the registry as well. Link below.

Backup your registry when prompted.

CCleaner - Home

I hope this helps!
Brett M,
Windows outreach Team

CNET Forums

Forum Info