HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Windows Logs

by mr_chess / November 8, 2009 9:06 AM PST

Hello friens,

I need to logs of my pc. But the date is far. Such as I need the logs of April 2009. My logs are based on which programs installed, which internet address visited, which folder is viewed and what time the computer restarted. When I look at the event viewer I can not see logs according to the log size Sad

Does any way to access the before logs?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Logs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Logs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Logs
by Steven Haninger / November 8, 2009 6:21 PM PST
In reply to: Windows Logs

Every log has its own usage. Your internet sites will be tracked through browser history. Not knowing what you use, no one can tell you where to locate that feature or how to adjust it. You also didn't mention your OS. I can tell you that an XP event log size is adjustable by going to Actions/Properties. You can increase the size of the log file but this won't say how far back it will go. The event log doesn't do anything with internet usage but some third party applications add their own segment to it.

Collapse -
Logs
by mr_chess / November 9, 2009 6:52 AM PST
In reply to: Logs

Hi Steven,
Thanks for your reply.
I am using Win XP. Unfortunately, I can not see windows event according to log size Sad I can increase the log size but its not helpfull the April's logs.
I am using ms internet explorer and mozilla. Mozilla has reinstalled in April and I can not see the April's or before April's log. Is it possible to see the logs of before time that Mozilla has reinstalled.

It is so stupid that MS internet explorer shows maximum 20 days before history. Is it possible to see before logs?

And the most important i need that what time computer is restarted and which folders were accesses in April. Possible to see?

Thanks.

Collapse -
I will say no.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 9, 2009 8:08 PM PST
In reply to: Logs

If the Event Viewer no longer holds that information, then it has gone.

By the way, Internet Explorer, Tools > Internet Options, General tab, Browsing History, Settings button, you can increase the number of days History is saved up to 999 days. If you haven't increased that from 20 days, then that previous history is also lost.

Firefox, Tools > Options > Privacy tab, "Remember my browsing history" can be increased to 999999 days, but again, if you did not do that, the history is lost.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.