Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Windows logo then nothing...

by Disneyfan / January 9, 2007 11:49 PM PST

I am trying to help a senior citizen with a computer problem. They have a HP laptop running Windows XP Home with 512MB of RAM. When they power up, the Windows logo appears and chugs for a few seconds then the screen goes black and just stays there. The same thing happens if I try to boot up in Safe mode. No error messages just black screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows logo then nothing...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows logo then nothing...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
black screen
by Amos16 / January 10, 2007 1:40 AM PST

Hi - check the battery; if the comp works with an adapter then there is your culprit - Amos.

Collapse -
Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't solve the problem.
by Disneyfan / January 10, 2007 2:22 AM PST
In reply to: black screen

I tried pulling the battery out of the system and plugging in the AC adapter but got the same results. This system is generally used with the AC adapter.

Collapse -
hardware
by Amos16 / January 10, 2007 2:46 AM PST

In that case it may be a hardware problem. Unless someone else here takes up the cudgel, you might have to take it to a repair shop. Sorry - Amos.

Collapse -
The Safe Mode failure is troubling.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2007 2:56 AM PST

It points to issues either with the OS or the hardware.

Were there any warning signs?

Repair can mean using the restore CDs but first consider saving the files...

Bob

Collapse -
No warning signs that I know of...
by Disneyfan / January 10, 2007 4:19 AM PST

The owner says that she shuts down properly every evening but then this morning when she went to power up this happened. I have since tried several things all with the same results. Is there any way that I might be able to tell if the hard drive has gone belly up?

Collapse -
(NT) ...also, any recommendations for trying to repair Windows?
by Disneyfan / January 10, 2007 4:20 AM PST
Collapse -
As to the hard disk...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2007 9:02 AM PST

I use the hard disk maker's tests to figure that out.

As to repairing the OS, on laptops that come with restore CDs may or may not offer a repair OS feature. I have to boot the restore CD and see what's offered.

Bob

Collapse -
Message to Mr. R. Profitt and all
by subhanihanif / January 10, 2007 3:24 PM PST
In reply to: As to the hard disk...

Dear Mr. R. Profitt and all
It looks like the same problem I faced earlier. Please let him have a solution from u that can helpfull for me also.
Thank you
----Subbu----

Collapse -
Let me be blunt.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2007 9:40 PM PST

I offered 2 items in the last response. I'll number them and ask which needs clarification.

1. I use the hard disk maker's tests to figure that out.

2. As to repairing the OS, on laptops that come with restore CDs may or may not offer a repair OS feature. I have to boot the restore CD and see what's offered.

What needs clarification here?

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!