General discussion

windows login loop after using AVG 9.0

Today I downloaded and installed the free AVG 9.0. After the first scan (I didnt run a update first) with the downloaded version. The program detected some virusses. I chose for the option to delete only when there was no risk for the running system.

Now i have this login problem. After login in as user in windows XP it automaticaly logs out inmeadiatly. I cannot use my computer at the moment and have no idea how to fix this.

The AVG site and support seems to be offline?

plz any help..

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: windows login loop after using AVG 9.0
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows login loop after using AVG 9.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I've seen that.

The virus did some damage and we get to fix the OS. I'm finding folk that don't want to talk about how a virus causes the problems and not the antivirus. Go figure why that is today.

Sorry to hear that your machine had bugs and it is untrue that there is no risk.

The old login issue is well discussed and if you type XP CORRUPT PROFILE on google you can catch up on how Microsoft deals with that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Logon Loop
- Collapse -
Re: windows login loop after using AVG 9.0

CNET Forums