Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Windows live one care/ Registry mechanic...

Something just dawned on me while I was cleaning up my computer this morning. I have Windows Live....and Registry Mechanic. Windows Live scans and cleans the registry and so does Registry Mech. Is there a problem using both? Does one mess up what the other has done?...Maggie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows live one care/ Registry mechanic...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows live one care/ Registry mechanic...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Maggie

In reply to: Windows live one care/ Registry mechanic...

I'm not familiar or haven't try Registry Mechanic but I'm using RegSupreme Pro by macecraft.com and Microsoft's Live Safety (online service) that also includes registry cleaning.

There's no need to use 2 registry cleaners but I like to use them both. If I let them scan the system, both are finding similar items but the #s is not exactly the same. Difference of 5, 10, 15 items for cleaning only.

I have no problem so far. Note that I first run RegSupreme Pro since it's designed for it instead of "additional service/feature only" and it has built-in back-up tool before it will fix the item, whereas Live Safety requires System Restore to undo changes.

Let's hope to hear some words from Registry Mechanic users too.

Collapse -
Thanks Donna...

In reply to: Hi Maggie

I feel a little better now that I know you are also using another reg cleaner. I was afraid using both of these programs might cause a problem with my registry down the road. So far, everything is fine. Was worried about future problems. Thanks....Maggie

Collapse -
You're welcome Maggie!

In reply to: Thanks Donna...

Keep your System Restore running so you can undo any changes done by registry cleaners Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.