Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Windows Live Mail stationery problem

by Barbara92021 / November 7, 2008 7:09 AM PST

As per another forum's information, I put stationery in a new folder called My Stationery, in My Documents folder. When I open a new email message, in Windows Live Mail, and click on stationery there are a few of the ones I have saved ready for use and when I click on "more stationery", a dialog box opens with "My Stationery" folder. The problem is that not all of the ones I can see when I open that new folder, are on the list of available stationery.

I've been searching everywhere on the net for help with this and all I have for results are wasted hours of reading. Most of the searches are about Windows Live Mail - Desktop or there is something in the search result that I can see doesn't relate to the question I am asking or to the hardware/software I have.

Is the reason I can't use all of the pieces in My Stationery folder because of format? If so, what format should they all be?

Please help! I am so frustrated with this and it is the only complaint I have with WLM.

Acer Aspire6920
Vista Home Premium

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Live Mail stationery problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Live Mail stationery problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not much help
by rgfitz / November 7, 2008 9:41 AM PST

I read your post and decided to try creating a stationary file. In Windows Live Mail I selected New > Stationary > Create New and browsed for a .jpg file in My Pictures. After selecting it, I gave the new file a name and when I finished it was in the My Documents/My Stationary folder. It was the first file listed when I clicked on Stationary in Windows Live Mail. The file format in the My Stationary folder is *.htm and the accompanying file with the same name is in the *.jpg format.

I didn't have a problem with the format because the Stationary Wizard did the formatting.

As I said in the subject line, this is probably not much help for you but it did make me look at the Stationary application. I think it would be very useful for special emails.

Collapse -
(NT) I probably should have added that I am using Windows XP
by rgfitz / November 7, 2008 9:42 AM PST
In reply to: Not much help
Collapse -
(NT) I just did the same thing in Vista and it worked as in XP
by rgfitz / November 7, 2008 9:52 AM PST
Collapse -
New???
by Barbara92021 / December 10, 2008 2:53 AM PST
In reply to: Not much help

Thanks for the help, rgfitz!! When I go to "New" in WLM, there is no stationery>create new. I have to open a new message, go to "stationery" and choose "more stationery". Then when that new dialog box opens it is at My Stationery folder in My Documents. On the righthand side there is a "create new" button. When you click on that, the Stationery Wizard opens and it is really easy to follow. I just need to learn about positioning and tiling!! I opened both .jpg and .htm files I have and the wizard did the formatting for both.

I wanted to add this reply in case someone else comes along to learn about this.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!