General discussion

Windows live installation error with win 7

"the procedure entry point regdeletevaluew could not be located in the dynamic link library kernelbase.dll"

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error and possibly how to fix it? Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows live installation error with win 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows live installation error with win 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

Anyone?????

It would seem that everyone is completely clueless about this error, Ive posted on 5 different forums and, no response yet.

I would just re install windows but before i do i want to find out if there's a more simple way, maybe use the disc "with out re installing windows" To fix the registry, if that's possible..

If it is, I'm not sure how to do it, It doesn't help any that I'm new to windows 7.

- Collapse -
In short...

It means that the function used to delete registry entries could not be found, preventing the installer from removing obsolete entries. That may prevent Windows Live from installing successfully, but if the file/function is actually missing, rather than it just being an internal Windows Live glitch, it may prevent a large percentage of programs from functioning properly.

First, restart the computer to see if the problem persists. If so, try a fresh download of the Windows Live installer and, if the issue remains, try running System File Checker to repair Windows system files. Also note whether any other installers/uninstallers report similar issues or fail unexpectedly.

John

P.S. Some issues take time to receive responses, especially over holiday weekends when most are spending time with their friends and families. Just be patient and a volunteer will address your issues as soon as he/she can.

CNET Forums