General discussion

windows live

URGENT! I have Windows 7 and IE 8. I tried to update Windows Live and lost my windows live program. How can I get it back? I have a business and cannot afford to lose my e-mail!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: windows live
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows live
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Windows Live Solution Center
- Collapse -
Please try to avoid forum referrals...

Although our primary goal is to assist members in resolving their issues, and we welcome the linking to third-party sources for such detailed solutions, we strongly discourage replies that direct members to post in competing forums in lieu of pursuing replies here. The Windows Live Solution Center may be an official support channel, but, unless it's an issue that only the respective product team can resolve, such as a product bug or account management, we do prefer that all possible efforts be made to resolve the issue within the Cnet forums.

Thank you.
John

- Collapse -
My apologies John...

I will refrain from doing so in the future.

Cassandra

- Collapse -
Can you reinstall?

My first suggestion would be to run the Windows Live installer again to reinstall Windows Live Mail. If necessary, uninstall Windows Live Mail through the Control Panel before reinstalling if the issue persists.

Second, for the time being, you can access your email through the respective provider's web interface or use an alternative email client, such as Thunderbird.

Third, note that your email within Windows Live Mail should remain intact, stored in C:\Users\<your Windows username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail, and that by default, your email is usually saved on the provider's servers as well.

Hope this helps,
John

CNET Forums