General discussion

Windows Installing Box

Right i was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before.

Now the problem im having is, everytime i try to use I.E i get a pop-up on screen saying windows installing, to which i thought, ok is my computer infected.

So i done a full system scan and it is fine, so i then looked it up on microsofts website, and it mentioned something about microsoft word, or that the registry is a little screwed up.

Now before i start doing anything silly going my microsofts website, to which i dont trust fully, as this error happens everytime i try to look @ a different website, but if i play games it doesnt happen, also it appears on boot-up to which it might be a registry error.

The o/s that im running is xp home.

So i was wondering if anyone has come across this problem..

Thanks......

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows Installing Box
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows Installing Box
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No Reply

So am i guessing that no one has come across this before, or in my first post, am i on the right track ?

Thanks......

- Collapse -
Look this up on google.

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

While that may find some pending install, I don't use Internet Explorer except for Windows Update. I find it too dangerous and time consuming to cleanup after the pests drop in.

After WICU, look up EWIDO for another scan.

Bob

- Collapse -
Error

Yeh i know what your saying..

Well thanks for the info anyway, it seems you trust I.E like i trust microsofts site..

Thanks....

CNET Forums