General discussion

Windows installer Message during start-up

Hi everyone,

I need some help here.I'm getting a windows installer message when I start my PC claiming that it's looking for a gallery.I can normally just press cancel as it will shut the message off.I cant recall deleting anything in regards to a gallery or pictures related to windows prop.Can anyone please fill me in on what it refers to?

My thanks in advance
Chris

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows installer Message during start-up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows installer Message during start-up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What spyware scanning programs do you use?

What antivirus program? Have you run any scans since this started?

- Collapse -
Windows installer help

Hi,

I'm using Pest Patrol latest version,Mcafee Virus 8.My start up folder has 2 items listed HP-Printer and Image Gallerys which is related to my picture.So I'm taking it that the HP program is giving me the Windows Installer cant find gallery.

Thanks
Christian

- Collapse -
Can you

check what programs start when you switch on the computer?

1] Goto Start > All Programs, and select "Start Up". What programs do you have in there that start when you turn the computer on? Is one of them anything to do with a Gallery? If so, you can right click that shortcut, and delete it from the Start-up folder. This does not delete the program, only the shortcut.

2] If that doesn't show anything, try this; Goto Start > Run, type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and click OK. In the System Configuration Utility dialogue window that opens, select the Startup tab, and check the list of programs for anything that resembles your Gallery.

If you find anything, take off the tick, and then click Apply, then OK.

If you get a message saying that the change will take effect the next time you start Windows, click OK. Then shutdown and restart the computer. When Windows loads up, you will get a message saying that you have changed the Startup settings. You can disable this message so that it does not show again by taking off the tick in the lower left corner, and click ok.

Does this help?

It does not resolve "why" you were getting the message in the first place, but until you can identify what this Gallery program is, I cannot say any more about it.

Mark

- Collapse -
Can you

Thanks,

Like metioned on my 1st reply I have HP Image Zone on my start up folder.I deleted it thanks.It's all good now.

Christian

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good job, and thanks for posting back.

CNET Forums

Forum Info