Desktops forum

General discussion

windows install stuck

by bretsky1 / May 27, 2008 3:14 AM PDT

this may not be the right forum but i have a gateway laptop. i was trying to reinstall the boot disc. and it is stuck on installing windows 39 minutes. control alt delete does nothing, turnining it off does nothing. when i turn it back on, it eventually goes back to installig windows 39 minutes.i have left it for a long time and it still says 39 minutes. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: windows install stuck
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: windows install stuck
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Since you have a laptop. . .
by Coryphaeus / May 27, 2008 9:57 AM PDT
In reply to: windows install stuck

question in the desktop forum. . .

Anyway, Windows what?

Why are you reinstalling Windows?

Laptop make and model?

Is this an install over the top or did you do a full format and convert to NTFS?

Did you save all the drivers for audio, video, NIC, etc?

Collapse -
Disconnect
by Willy / May 27, 2008 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: windows install stuck

Remove all USB devices and/or exp. slot additions, then try the windoze re-install. If you've added new ram as well, return to orginaly brought system(laptop). In other words have the system the day it was brought.

tada -----Willy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.