I'm not sure but it sounds like you are using too much ram on either startup or as general try to stop the highest apps from running in the
Task Manager see what you don't need and press delete.
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del ----> Processes.
If that doesn't work well then i cant help you my friend im not as good with software i am better with hardware.
I have two problems with Vista:
1) Everytime I hit the Vista orb and open up the start menu (the one with the search bar on the bottom, not the old one), if I click on Control Panel (which is a menu, aka it has an arrow), as soon as I open up the menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I have to restart the explorer.exe process. This especially sucks because everytime you do this it rearranges your Quick Launch Bar setup and also disables DreamScene.
- I have disabled all add-ons on IE7. Didn't work.
- I have disabled all third-party shells using shexview. Didn't work.
- I've cleaned the registry with CCleaner. Didn't work.
- I ran a complete scan with Windows Live OneCare and it reported no infected files. Still, no success.
Anyone know a fix? I'm desperate.
2) Another problem with Vista I have is that if I open up the start menu and click on Documents (which has an arrow), and then click on Music (also a menu with an arrow), the Music folder shows a transparent box that doesn't show the other music submenus. Is there a fix for that?
EDIT: Forgot to mention, Windows Explorer does also occasionally crash when browsing through it.