Windows 8 forum

Question

Windows 8 (russian version change/replace eng version)

by GioGio39 / January 6, 2014 8:41 AM PST

i just bought sony vaio fit 15e and it has windows 8 russian version and i want to change not only language on english i want to chage hole interface and everything. simply to say i want english version win 8 english version without rewriting windows. is it possible to upgrade to windows 8.1 and have 8.1 english ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 8 (russian version change/replace eng version)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 8 (russian version change/replace eng version)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Language change
by rj4942cruz / February 5, 2016 11:50 AM PST

I have a lumia 640 lte with windows 8.1 that is in Russian language & need to change to English.

Collapse -
Microsoft seems to have exited the phone biz.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 5, 2016 12:02 PM PST
In reply to: Language change

Quickly call them and ask if this is supported. If not, hit XDA Developers to see if they have another rom or a way to install Android.

THIS DISCUSSION WAS ABOUT PCS. A cell phone is another thing.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Replace Englsi Version
by James44888 / January 7, 2014 3:34 PM PST

Hi GioGio39,
I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced.
Here are a few methods which you can follow to resolve the issue:

Step 1:
Temporarily disable any third party security program (if installed) and take a look at to install the language pack.
Important: Antivirus code will facilitate shield your laptop against viruses and different security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you have got to quickly disable it to put in different code, you ought to re-enable it as presently as you are done. If you are connected to the net or a network whereas your antivirus code is disabled, your laptop is prone to attacks.

Step 2 :
Download and install the language packs manually in Clean Boot mode and check.
A clean boot helps to eliminate code conflicts and to see what's inflicting the matter. Perform a clean boot on the pc by following the steps given within the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Applies for Windows eight.1 also.
Important: when you've got finished troubleshooting, check with the article "How to reset the pc to begin as was common when troubleshooting with clean boot" for Windows eight, given beneath the section "More Information" to reset the pc to begin as was common from the on top of link.

Also refer:Add a language or keyboard
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/using-multiple-languages

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Collapse -
One detail missing from your advice.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 7, 2014 4:11 PM PST
In reply to: Replace Englsi Version

Where to download the English language pack from. As far as I know, it doesn't exist. Can you give a link?

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.