Question

windows 8 reset without admin password

i need to reset verious brands of lap tops win 8 without admin password how

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: windows 8 reset without admin password
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows 8 reset without admin password
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
VERY VERY HARD TODAY.

I'm going to write that for now you need a commercial product like lostpassword.com. Why? Because of "Secure Boot" and UEFI. As those areas are well discussed please catch up on those and let's chat more about why we can't use NTPASSWD on a stock Windows 8.x laptop.
Bob

- Collapse -
I agree...

This whole process got upset with the new UEFI bangles -OR- enhanced bios setups. Provided the way the password we're talking about, either bios, HD or OS, these all take a bit of working around if allowed. if you're going to be doing this, pay the price and get a more robust commercial type s/w in order to handle the Win8 and prior OSes.Freebies may work but usually it can only do so much and sometimes if you have to learn do this more than once before the real thing just to play it safe. I still use NTPASSWORD and it has been updated for use with flash or bootable disc. good luck

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Answer
windows 8 reset without admin password

I know you may have already solve your problem! I find a Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDuFRqb3Pk on Windows Password Recovery Ultimate useful. If anyone meet the same problem and haven't created a password reset disk, the third party software is usually the only way for that I vote Windows Password Recovery Tool Ultimate.

- Collapse -
Answer
Windows 8 Password Reset

I am running a computer repair shop. I used PCUnlocker Live CD (Enterprise Edition) and it can boot up in both UEFI mode and Legacy BIOS mode. It should be what you're looking for.

Best Wishes,
Tom

CNET Forums

Forum Info