Windows 8 forum

Windows 8 Mail doesn't show pictures!

by Gallopsup / September 6, 2013 4:03 AM PDT

I use the windows trouble shooting aps and can eventually get pictures to show. If computer is turned off or restarted I again have to run trouble shooters. This is not always successful!

Please, any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 8 Mail doesn't show pictures!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 8 Mail doesn't show pictures!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
One of the reasons folk move to Thunderbird.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2013 4:11 AM PDT

MSFT has a habit of pushing what they know is good for us. Some of us move to Thunderbird.

Collapse -
Also, you may be interested why I don't enable pictures.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2013 4:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
Windows 8 Mail doesn't show pictures
by livepcexpert7 / September 12, 2013 3:33 AM PDT

Access the Mail application from the Start screen or from the search result. If you are in Desktop mode, just press the Win key to switch to the Start screen.

When the Mail program is loaded, press Win key + I to open the specific Settings page for this application. From there, choose the Accounts option.

After that, you will be presented with a list of all current accounts inside the application. Just choose the account in which you no longer want images to be automatically downloaded and displayed.

When you have accessed the email setting page, find the Automatically download external images option, and change it from on to off.

Exit the Settings page.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?