Question

windows 7 toolbar

I want to put the tool bar on top but it is not there like it always used to be. I also have google as the browser and I get confused about which is is responsible for what. They add crap on top that eats up the page!! I use internet ex 9 on a mini hp notebook fyi and got kicked off off google and referred elsewhere. Can someone clarify and help me with the toolbar?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: windows 7 toolbar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows 7 toolbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
The Windows 7 Toolbar.

All I ever needed was unlock it, then drag it to the other position and then lock it. Done.

But after you wrote about the Windows 7 toolbar you wrote more about BROWSERS which may have their own toolbars. While I can answer about the Windows 7 toolbar, your question appears to be about something else.
Bob

- Collapse -
PS. Link, comment.
- Collapse -
I have google as my search since Bing is already on the page
I had installed Google as my default search on IE 8. You will see a lot of search items and I went to manage and deleted a lot; ask.com, Yahoo.com, Bing.com(there were 2),Wikopedia, Amazon.com, eBay.com and even favorites toolbar, I checked that and have menu bar that has Favorites. all the rest under the side tab had manage search options. Have only Google.com (default) and checked box that it was not changable in the check box. On IE9, there is no google .com, but to resolve that, went to www.google.com and added to my favorites. Darrell
PS I have a Compaq WIN7 Home Edition, 32/64 bit OS,Model #: CQ5826
- Collapse -
So this is not a Windows 7 toolbar/ taskbar issue.

With that out of the way, toolbars in browsers are too finicky in my opinion when it comes to placement. If you can't drag and drop the toolbars around then it's the same old issue. Too finicky.

I can only guess you are new to PCs as I'm encountering more and more folk that are asking questions like yours. That is, why can't I _____________?
Bob

CNET Forums