Question

Windows 7 screen resolution problem

I have a problem with my Samsung LE32R41BD tv. I am running my bootcamped Macbook pro into it via HDMI. When I run it in Mac os the screen resolution is perfect and everything fits onto the screen perfectly. However when I run it in windows 7, I can't find for the life of me how to get everything to fit perfectly on the screen. Thank you very much if anyone could help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows 7 screen resolution problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows 7 screen resolution problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
After bootcamp
- Collapse -
Drivers installed.

All the drivers where installed when the os was installed. The problem defiantly lays within the tv itself. When I use it on a Panasonic veira I managed too get it working perfectly by adjusting the overscan. I can't find a way to do it on this Samsung Tv.

- Collapse -
Odd to think that.

The Apple OS works so isn't this a driver setting issue on the other OS? Again, depending on the set you set the video to 720 or 1080p and it must be 60Hz or else.

Sorry to read your last reply.
Bob

- Collapse -
Everything is the same.

Everything is set to the same resolution in both Operating systems. The only difference is that Apple OS has and inbuilt underscan feature that allowed me to fine tune the screen size to fit the tv screen. Windows offers no such chose. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit vague here. I'm just not really sure what too do.

- Collapse -
Sorry but

I did not go get the TV product manual and didn't see any mention of underscan in your first post. The Apple OS obviously is providing a different video output and Windows 7 is not.

Did you try setting the input on the SAMSUNG TV to be called PC or those other names? Why I ask is that many are unaware of what that does.
Bob

- Collapse -
Its named as PC

The HDMI input is called PC. Sorry, the actual problem I am experiencing is overscan not underscan

- Collapse -
I don't see you revealing if you read the manual.

CNET Forums