Samsung forum

Question

Windows 7 screen resolution problem

by Mozza3001 / September 11, 2012 6:39 AM PDT

I have a problem with my Samsung LE32R41BD tv. I am running my bootcamped Macbook pro into it via HDMI. When I run it in Mac os the screen resolution is perfect and everything fits onto the screen perfectly. However when I run it in windows 7, I can't find for the life of me how to get everything to fit perfectly on the screen. Thank you very much if anyone could help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 screen resolution problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 screen resolution problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
After bootcamp
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 11, 2012 6:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
Drivers installed.
by Mozza3001 / September 11, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: After bootcamp

All the drivers where installed when the os was installed. The problem defiantly lays within the tv itself. When I use it on a Panasonic veira I managed too get it working perfectly by adjusting the overscan. I can't find a way to do it on this Samsung Tv.

Collapse -
Odd to think that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 11, 2012 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Drivers installed.

The Apple OS works so isn't this a driver setting issue on the other OS? Again, depending on the set you set the video to 720 or 1080p and it must be 60Hz or else.

Sorry to read your last reply.
Bob

Collapse -
Everything is the same.
by Mozza3001 / September 11, 2012 7:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Odd to think that.

Everything is set to the same resolution in both Operating systems. The only difference is that Apple OS has and inbuilt underscan feature that allowed me to fine tune the screen size to fit the tv screen. Windows offers no such chose. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit vague here. I'm just not really sure what too do.

Collapse -
Sorry but
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 11, 2012 7:43 AM PDT

I did not go get the TV product manual and didn't see any mention of underscan in your first post. The Apple OS obviously is providing a different video output and Windows 7 is not.

Did you try setting the input on the SAMSUNG TV to be called PC or those other names? Why I ask is that many are unaware of what that does.
Bob

Collapse -
Its named as PC
by Mozza3001 / September 11, 2012 7:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry but

The HDMI input is called PC. Sorry, the actual problem I am experiencing is overscan not underscan

Collapse -
I don't see you revealing if you read the manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 11, 2012 8:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Its named as PC
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.