General discussion

Windows 7 Problems

Hi, I have recently upgraded my computer by clean install from XP professional to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Since I have installed it I am constantly having programs become unresponsive. The computer ran fine whilst running XP. Any help welcome.
My computer specs are:
Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2ghz
Ram: 3.0GB
HDD: 500 GB SATA
Windows Experience Index: 3.9
Please Help!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows 7 Problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows 7 Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yep, that might happen

Not all programs that worked in XP will work with Windows 7.

You said a clean install, so that means you have installed these programs. Which ones are unresponsive?

Mark

- Collapse -
Even with 3GB RAM.

I install the 64 bit version. Long discussion why but saves me from many later upgrades.

OK, you say this is unresponsive. I had my HP d499t do that (notice how I supplied the make and model?) and it was a missing driver. I can't find how you dealt with drivers and can't find the make and model. Also be specific as to the drivers. If you didn't, then that's it.

If you did, BE SPECIFIC in sharing the order of install and the versions.
Bob

- Collapse -
Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Like Mark said, not everything that was compatible in XP will be compatible with Windows 7. If you have compatibility questions, you can check the Windows 7 Compatibility Center to see if specific hardware and/or software will work with Windows 7.

Hope this helps!
Cassandra

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for yr help guys. I have decided to reinstal xp and then go back to windows 7 at a later stage. Sorry about not being to specific this is my first post on any forum.
Thanks Again.

CNET Forums

Forum Info