Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Windows 7 Outlook 2007 and Contact Sync with iPhone

by nhiep nguyen / July 6, 2010 5:48 AM PDT

Windows7 and Contacts in Outlook 2007
Hello everyone,
I am asking for help on one particular problem.
If you could spare some time here is my question:
- I run Win7 Ultimate and Outlook 2007.
- I enter my hotmail address into Outlook Connector, so Hotmail is my default message handler in Outlook. Every thing runs normally until I discover that I cannot sync my Contacts with my iPhone, either with iTunes or with MobileMe, although the "Contacts" folder in Outlook contains 300+ names.
After some investigation I found some explanation:
- The Contacts displayed in the Contacts folder of Outlook are from my hotmail address book (contacts in nhiep-nguyen@hotmail.com), and the Outlook contact book is empty!!! No wonder that the result of the sync is nil, because the only option in the sync procedure is to sync Contacts with Outlook.
In order to sync my contacts with my iPhone I think that I need to Move/Copy/Import all the contacts from (contacts in **********@hotmail.com) to the Outlook Address book.
I don't know if it is possible or not.
Could you tell me?
All inputs are appreciated.

Message was edited by: admin to mask email address to keep spam harvesters from picking it up.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 Outlook 2007 and Contact Sync with iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 Outlook 2007 and Contact Sync with iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
get rid of the email in you post
by brlarson / July 6, 2010 6:33 AM PDT

you want to get your email out of you post so that the spam bots do not get it.

Collapse -
<in7
by nhiep nguyen / July 6, 2010 6:48 AM PDT

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think about it

Collapse -
I beat the mods
by brlarson / July 6, 2010 9:12 AM PDT
In reply to: <in7

The Mods must be on vacation, otherwise they give that tip very quickly.
As for the syncing of the contacts, can you add the hotmail to you iphone/touch manually (as an exchange mail client). I did this with my gmail account and it synced the contacts. otherwise I could not get it to work.

Collapse -
win 7 iPhone Contact sync
by nhiep nguyen / July 6, 2010 5:08 PM PDT
In reply to: I beat the mods

Hello,

Yest I installed hotmail but it did not sync the contacts since the only choice offered for syncing is outlook, (and in some rare trial occasions Windows address book).
I got to enter my gmail account, export the address book to csv file, import the csv file into gmail contact and then sync through MobileMe.
But I'd rather sync with iTunes because I might not want to pay MobileMe for a regular subscription and also for the Calendar sync.
The same problem arises with calendar, but it is less urgent to get it on the iPhone than the Contacts.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!