General discussion

Windows 7 not updating on Intel MacBook running with VMWare

I have Windows 7 installed on an Intel MacBook (4GB of memory) running the latest version of VMWare.

I had my university technical support group do the install of VMWare and Windows 7 to ensure that everything worked well together. Initially everything seemed fine - I could log in to Windows 7 and use Internet Explorer to access my school's online course management system.

However, when I tried to install MS Office 2010 I ran into persistent failures and the install never completed. Sometimes it rolled back the install; at other times my entire WIN environment froze and I had to Force Quit VMWare. We traced the error messages back and they indicated that an update to Windows 7 had to be installed. However, running the WIN updater just hangs with the progress icon endlessly spinning.

The university's technical support group has thrown up its hands on this problem and finally told me to resolve it myself. I don't know where to start - VMWare or Microsoft?

Your help would be very much appreciated since I have other software, that only runs in a WIN OS, that I need to install.

Regards,

Patricia L.
Orlando, FL

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Windows 7 not updating on Intel MacBook running with VMWare
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows 7 not updating on Intel MacBook running with VMWare
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Too far off the beaten path.

Since you are not using Bootcamp this falls on both VMWare and Microsoft to solve. HOWEVER a common problem of updates and installs has to do with antivirus protection suites.

For me, I have no qualms or other issues with removing such things if I feel they are getting in the way.

SADLY I'm a programmer (embedded, assembler, too many OSes and a hardware designer) so I might be able to help if I saw it first hand. But given only the story you have to call both companies now.
Bob

- Collapse -
re. Too far off the beaten path.

Thanks Bob. McAfee virus protection was offered as a bonus for installing VMWare - so I will disable it and see if that helps.

- Collapse -
Regarding disables.

I was burned too many times by the disable feature of Norton, Mcafee and Zone Alarm. After a few dozen fails, I've learned to remove such things because the makers don't have a true disable. That is, I find things still clogged up after the disable.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info