It's a common part to fail and need replacement.
For a month, I have been having problems with my keyboard. Whenever I start the computer, it starts typing on its own in the password field. That happens when I open MS Word or any other typing field, and it occurs periodically. There are days when it doesn't happen and days when I can't work at all.
The letter is ~ and ˋ - it's the key below ESC. BUT, when I press it, it doesn't work AT ALL. It works only with on-screen keyboard.
I used ShowOff program to see what is happening, whenever I press anything, it shows me the key I am pressing AND both of these keys ~ and ˋ.
I have a Sony Vaio SVE11116FGW, Windows 7 64-bit. I had installed Windows 10 but I returned to Win 7.
I have also another problem - whenever I start the computer, it asks me to choose the operating system. BUT I have already decreased the time from 30 seconds to 0, as I was advised.
Please, I need concrete proposals and solutions.
I have already:
- checked the keyboard settings;
- completely erased the drivers and reinstalled them;
- removed the battery and put it back on - as someone advised it;
- cleaned the keyboard, but I cannot reach much as it is completely integrated in the laptop. I never eat or drink near the laptop. I plan to have it opened by a technician in a couple of days.
- performed antivirus and anti-malware check.