General discussion

windows 7 home premium always restart..help please!!

everybody.. i just bougth my new notebook and choose os windows 7. After several months my os (windows 7 home premium) got the trouble. The trouble was always restart it self, and i dont know what cause it..
so heere i wanna ask every body to solve my problems above.
thank you..
regards. giov..

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: windows 7 home premium always restart..help please!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: windows 7 home premium always restart..help please!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: always restart

Well, it's either hardware or software.

First try the software. Read how to restore the laptop to factory conditions in your user manual and do that. If it's OK now it was a software issue (malware, or a bad update or a very bad setting you did yourself).

If it doesn't help, it's the hardware. After "several months" you stilll have warranty, so they will repair the laptop for free. Be prepared you'll have to miss it for a few weeks at least.

Kees

- Collapse -
Re: always restart

i had repaired my notebook for free, for about 3 days later, but still like that. i think it is caused by malware or a bad update or error by my self. so i want to ask to Kees, how can i repair the problem if it is caused by malware ect? and if there is a solving, like a anti virus for malware, please recommand me to use better for this problems?
thanks..

giov

- Collapse -
Re: malware

Maybe. As I said, find your recovery DVD or recovery partition and bring the machine back to factory conditions (as it was when you first got it).

For advice on what antivirus and antimalware to run to prevent problems in the future visit our spyware forum: http://forums.cnet.com/spyware-viruses-security-forum/

Kees

- Collapse -
Still in warranty.

The advice is to let the maker know NOW that the machine is in trouble. What I find is some owners will not follow the maker's instructions about fixing the issues and another sad story follows.

Let them fix the machine.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info