General discussion

Windows 7 bootable cd/dvd

Hey Guys

I want to create a bootable cd from another Windows cd and I do not know how to do it. Can anyone tell me? Or just redirect me to the thread if this question was asked earlier? I serached the net but couldn't find anything useful?
Thanks for the help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows 7 bootable cd/dvd
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows 7 bootable cd/dvd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Seems easy enough.

Your average Microsoft issued Windows 7 DVD is bootable. It's not copy protected so all you need to do is duplicate it.

Seems easy?

- Collapse -
Seems easy, but not sure..

So u mean just copy the whole thing and burn another dvd??? i thought u need to create an iso image of the windows?

- Collapse -
You could do that too.

I'm unsure why an ISO would be any use except to keep a copy so you can create it again.

Could you tell more?
Bob

- Collapse -
As Bob said it's easy

just do a copy. I think you may be confused with the download purchase of W7 upgrade which is typically an ISO file, it then needs to be extracted using an ISO capable burning program to create a bootable dvd.

- Collapse -
RE :

One of the easiest methods for creating a simple bootable CD is to use the CD recording software program.

- Collapse -
I think i get it now

Ya I guess I might have got confused with it, oh well. Thanks Guys for all the help

CNET Forums

Forum Info