Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Windows 7 and adobe flash player

by swervinxp / February 27, 2010 10:57 AM PST

How come you need to reinstall adobe flash player everytime I turn on my laptop?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 and adobe flash player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 and adobe flash player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You shouldn't
by Jimmy Greystone / February 27, 2010 11:19 AM PST

You shouldn't... So if you are having to do this every time your computer starts, there is likely some deeper issue involved.

Collapse -
Ideas
by swervinxp / February 27, 2010 1:01 PM PST
In reply to: You shouldn't

You have any ideas where I can start to look for these issues?

Collapse -
Troubleshooter...
by CassandraF_WinTeam / March 1, 2010 4:38 AM PST
Collapse -
Win7 x64 & Adobe Flash
by swlaw / March 1, 2010 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: Troubleshooter...

I have had this problem since i got my new computer with 64 bit win7. For a while it seemed to be that the 32 bit Flash was incompatible, though other 32 bit plug ins were ok. Then i found 64 bit flash, but it didn't cure the problem. No problem in Safari.

Collapse -
nothing there
by swervinxp / March 1, 2010 2:25 PM PST
In reply to: Troubleshooter...

Took your advise but nothing worked well to describe my problem I'll go to a website like hulu.com and it will say to download latest version of "adobe flash player activeX plugin"(it installs and works fine) in which i do but if i reboot or turn it off for some reason i have to reinstall the plugin all over again. This happens every time whether it is a reboot or just simply turn it off. if it helps i have a sony vaio model# VGN-NS325J(laptop) it came with vista but got the free upgrade to win7 disk from sony.

Collapse -
Adminstrator?
by CassandraF_WinTeam / March 3, 2010 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: nothing there
Collapse -
Win7 x64 & Adobe Flash
by swlaw / March 3, 2010 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: Adminstrator?

I've done that & it hasn't worked. if you google "win7 flash" this issue seems to be widespread and a software incompatibility. since both programs are in widespread use, and both companies well funded, hopefully a fix will come out soon

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!