1. Make a backup image of your hard disk, just in case.
2. Make Windows 10 install disk/stick using Windows Media Creator
3. Clean install of Windows 10 (use your Windows 7 license number)
If step 3 fails:
4. Back to factory conditions using the recovery media.
5. Clean install of Windows 10 (will see the restored Windows as valid for a free upgrade)
We have downloaded windows 10 to our desktop computer and we are now stuck in limbo. We have been able to bring up a menu when pressing ctrl+alt+del to: power (reboot/shutdown), connect to wifi, change language and ease of access centre. These are the only options available, no start option. Other than that we have a constant blue screen with the "thinking circle". We have no option at the moment to unistall or troubleshoot.