Question

Windows 10, stops 2010 Office Pro files from opening

Does anyone have a solution besides having to reinstall and re-register my Office 2010 Pro software. No I do not see any need to keep buying upgrades.....My disks and software are legitimate.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Windows 10, stops 2010 Office Pro files from opening
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Windows 10, stops 2010 Office Pro files from opening
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Tried "Repairing" From The Control Panel?

Open the Control Panel, then 'Add/Remove Programs", then click on Office 2010 Pro, then select "Change". Office setup will load, then select "Repair".

It would also help to visit the computer manufacturer's website and install any updated drivers for you computer model. Such updated drivers will frequently fix the issue with various programs such as Office.

If this doesn't get it done, you'll need to uninstall, then reinstall Office. You're not alone with this issue as we've seen quite a few folks have similar issues with Office and other programs when upgrading to Windows 10.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Answer
I installed Word 2010 under Windows 10 w/no problems...

...so I suspect there's something about your system that's causing the problem.
`
Good luck.

- Collapse -
(NT) I wonder if this is the old local versus email login issue.

CNET Forums