Windows 10 forum

Resolved Question

windows 10 and nikon d7100

ok... last night i finnally updated my computer from win8.1 to 10.

im in the middle of taking pictures for my website...

for the past 6 months or so i would take about 200 or more pictures a week.

last night i finnally reached 10k. It created a new folder and started taking pictures starting at 1. I got up to 55.

afterwards i started the update to windows 10. and went to bed.

this morning i finished the process of the update, and started taking pictures again.

when i went to photo view, i did not see the 5 pictures i just took, so i went back to the 7100 folder and found out that it had created a new folder and started back at 1... (should have been 56)...

i am keeping track of the numnbers so i know what pics go with what pieces...

I need to know why windows 10 is doing this to me, i blame win10 cause i have not changed any of the settings on my camera, and it worked fine for over 6 months.

Is this going to be happening everyday?

how can i get this back to the way it was without going back to win 8.1?

tennalka has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: windows 10 and nikon d7100
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: windows 10 and nikon d7100
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Unclear here. What app are you using?

In reply to: windows 10 and nikon d7100

Windows 10 is the OS, so this must be an app issue. What app?

Also, where's the backups? Are your trying to use a PC without backups of things you can't lose?

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by tennalka

Collapse -
fixed i guess

ok somehow it was a glitch... it fixed itself

Collapse -
Answer
RE: clarification

PROFFITT

i have the camera plugged into my computer... so i can open the picture as soon as i take it.

i view it using file manager and photo viewer

Collapse -
So no backups? Hint: Time to think about that.

In reply to: RE: clarification

Collapse -
your suggestion

In reply to: So no backups? Hint: Time to think about that.

i have double backup... happy Cool

i will look into that article... but if i have never changed any of my settings, for over 10k pics, on the camera about making a new folder, so why is it now giving me problems.

Collapse -
That's a common refrain.

In reply to: your suggestion

"I changed nothing"

It still means I get to open up menus and do some research. My camera creates new folders and for me that's no issue. I've had too many digital cameras over the years so I think I must be used to folder hunts.

Collapse -
Answer
Well are the folders on the

camera or the computer? Is photo view an application running on the PC?

Collapse -
wherefore art thou stuff

In reply to: Well are the folders on the

ok the folders are on my sd card in my camera... i am viewing them on photo viewer app that is on my computer

Collapse -
Re: folders

In reply to: wherefore art thou stuff

If the folders are on the camera and the camera puts the pictures in the folders, why do you think Windows 10 is involved?

Collapse -
ill look into camera

In reply to: Re: folders

i am reluctant to look into the camera as being the issue, because nothing has changed.

in fact yesterday i looked at camera menu... going thru it and couldnt find a setting to change

Collapse -
While reluctant

In reply to: ill look into camera

The clues are pointing to the camera. Ask the camera maker about the rules of folder creation. Windows doesn't dictate to the camera about this.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.