General discussion

window media player

Hi! I am trying to play music online. I am using Mozilla, win98. The media player pops up when I press on the song but it does not play the song. Neither does it give any message. I was able to play songs from the same site in Internet Explorer. However, since IE is now not working, I am using Mozilla. I have tried several music sites. Everytime the pop up comes but it does not play. In one site, it says "Javascript Application" Error: methods missing. I am so confused. HELP!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: window media player
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: window media player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Well...

What happened to IE?

Chances are, what ever caused your problem with IE may be causing the problem with Mozilla. I'm sorry, but I'm not very familliar with Mozilla. (Firefox yes, but not mozilla).

Have you checked/cleaned your system of spyware and viri?

What version of Java are you using on your Win98 system? To find out, go to Start -> Run. Type 'command' (w/o the '). This will bring up a dos window. Next, type 'java -version' and you will be presented with the version of Java that you are using.

Let us know.

- Collapse -
M$IE Cookie Folder

Did you change the attributes of your M$IE Cookie folder. The path to mine is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies

Yours will be essentially the same except for "Owner". Instead of "Owner" yours will be whatever the name you you established when XP was installed.

If you changed the attributes of the Cookies folder and its files to "read only" that could be your problem. I had the same difficulty with Media Player after I changed my cookies folder and files to read only, trying to eliminate M$IE cookies since I wasn't using it as my browser.

Suggest you go to your cookie folder and remove ALL attributes for the folder and files, then re-boot and see if that solves you problem. XP will automatically place the default attributes on the cookies folder during the re-boot.

Hope this solves your problem, it did mine.

G.F.K.

CNET Forums

Forum Info