Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

WINAMP HELP, PLEASE!!

by sambos / March 18, 2005 11:29 AM PST

I USE WINAMP. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO BURN THE SONGS, DIRECTLY FROM MY PLAYLIST, OR DO I HAVE TO FIND THEM ELSEWHERE ON MY COMPUTER? THESE ARE SONGS MY SON HAD DOWNLOADED WHEN NAPSTER FIRST CAME OUT. I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE CD'S OF MANY OF THE SONGS I HAVE ON THE PLAYLIST BUT I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW OR IF I CAN. LET ALONE, WHERE TO START!! I USE NERO BURNING FOR COPYING CD'S. ANY HELP AND INFO. WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS MY SON NO LONGER LIVES IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS I DO. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WINAMP HELP, PLEASE!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WINAMP HELP, PLEASE!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Subject
by damasta55r / March 18, 2005 12:23 PM PST
In reply to: WINAMP HELP, PLEASE!!

Capital letters are considered yelling and cnet rules do not allow illegal activities (i.e copyrighted materials)to be discussed in forums...
Roger

Collapse -
so very, very, sorry
by sambos / March 18, 2005 1:05 PM PST
In reply to: Subject

I am so sorry, I did not realize capital letters would be considered yelling. I wrote entire email in capitals, I didnt just uses caps randomly. I only use computer for personal use and anything I have learned has been through trial and error, so I did not even think of the capital letters.I have also posted messages on these forums before using caps. and this was not pointed out to me so I did not realize that it was wrong. I also didnt think asking how to copy from winamp, was asking about anything illegal. I know there has been a lot out in the past few years about downloading music and I havent downloaded any. These songs were downloaded many years ago, long before any of the copyright stuff even came to light? The songs I have must be at least 5 or6 years old, if not more! I was only trying to find out how to copy them to a cd! I guess I will just go back to my way of trial and eror, sorry.

Collapse -
You need to learn how to make a CD
by glb613 / March 18, 2005 7:17 PM PST
In reply to: so very, very, sorry

There is a lot of information to be found on the internet using a Google search and through your CD burning software's help section. Learning that basic skill will enable you to make other types of CDs in the future.

Collapse -
Thank You
by sambos / March 19, 2005 4:59 AM PST

Thanks for your kind reply. I had not thought of the CD software as I did not install it so I was not aware it had a "help section" Thanks ever so much.....J

Collapse -
Canadian Rules!
by sambos / March 25, 2005 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: Subject

Forgot to say that I live in Canada, and as of yet, Canada has not made file sharing illegal. They are in the process of trying to ammend the copyright laws to prevent this file sharing. but have not done so yet. Mind you, when I asked this question, I had not even thought of the "copyright aspect". I just finished reading the morning newspaper which features an article on how Canada is still trying to push ahead with these ammendments!!! The article is what jarred my memory. I do thank you for passing on the info. about the caps. as well as for your instructions that you did provide me with, in another post. I will have to remember that CNET reaches such a vast section of people and countries, in the future! Thanks again.......J

Collapse -
Guess You're Right
by damasta55r / March 19, 2005 6:38 AM PST
In reply to: WINAMP HELP, PLEASE!!

To burn in winamp. Open your playlist and on the menu bar, go to view-media library. On the left side, there are lots of options... Go to recent items, assuming you listened to the songs you want to burn recently and have not deleted it from this list. Then you right-click on the song you want or if you want all of them,just right-click select all and go to SEND TO- your respective cd-burner. Once all songs are sent, go back to media-library toolbar, and in devices click on your burner and at the bottom, there is an option to burn. That's it. Good Luck!!!
Roger

Collapse -
Thanks!!
by sambos / March 23, 2005 3:28 PM PST
In reply to: Guess You're Right

Thanks for taking the time to pass this info. on. Your instructions really made my life a lot easier! ........J

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?